Tuesday, May 31, 2011

[morning person]

It's 11:27AM as I write this from my office, and I can say I've had one of the best mornings ever. I woke up at 5AM to watch the sun rise on the Atlantic from my beach front apartment that Monmouth University graciously gave me for my internship. Walked out with bible-in-hand, proceeded to start my morning devotionals which I haven't done in months, and started to read a verse from Psalm 27. 

"The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?"--Psalm 27:1

And as I started to read that verse, the tangerine-colored sun commenced to peek through the horizon, and a burst of color filled the sky. With each second, the sun grew larger and larger, and I watched in amazement and awe, realizing that this was only the second time I've watched the sun rise. It was beautiful, watching the gray sky explode into hues of orange and pink. And the words in the my book started to come alive, as the metaphoric "light" that is my Lord was symbolized the by the light of the sun. And I was reminded of His beauty, His warmth, His constant light in my world...





I knew from that moment, no matter what troubles the day may bring, that God will be a constant light for me, showing me that there will be a new day, full of hope and restoration. I was reminded that "although tears and troubles may haunt my night, that there is joy in the morning"-Psalm 30:5.


I came into the office at 9AM refreshed and renewed. I spent the first hour of the morning watching motivational and inspirational videos (don't worry, this was a job given to me by my boss) that I could show our New Student Orientation leaders in three weeks during our week-long training. I found myself really getting to know the Kleenex box and waste-basket after watching video after video of awe-inspiring stories. I made it a point to begin my morning with a devotional and a video so that I can remind myself that there is more than just I in this world, and that there is a world out there full of possibility and hope. And I hope to share some of that with you in this blog. 





No comments:

Post a Comment